SAP Senior Program Delivery Manager
The SAP Delivery Executive (DE) is managing digital transformation of our customers by delivering strategic complex programs and multiple inter-related projects within a given business strategy to the desired program results: in-scope, on-budget, on-schedule, and consistent with quality standards. The Delivery Executive has the qualification and business acumen typically to manage multiple large scale, high risk, projects, programs and engagements that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and multiple service partners/vendors.
The Delivery Executive provides leadership in:
- Support of complex, end-to-end bid processes
- Management of complex strategic programs
- Management of multiple medium size projects
- Performs a leading delivery and trusted advisor role at Applexus customers
- May lead the recovery and troubleshooting of troubled programs
- Provides program management expertise on demand
- Building a strong team to deliver complex SAP programs
- Securing project references, collecting intellectual capital, lessons learned and providing inputs in harmonizing project and program management standards and processes.
The Delivery Executive is a strategic role responsible for ensuring that Applexus is regarded as “the” partner of choice for our customers by leading/helping them through all phases of their journey towards SAP’s digital platform and transformation strategy. They have the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They have an understanding of entrepreneurial ventures and the required patience and ability to adapt that is required for long term success.
They ensure effective project oversight, engagement, program and project reviews to affect customer success and serve as a mentor to project managers. They manage complex contractual constructs with multiple Statements of Work. The Delivery Executive must maintain a global view of the customer.
The Delivery Executive is a strong team player at all levels of our client and Applexus own organization (sales, delivery, operations etc.) and acts as a single point of contact for the customer and his own project team. The DE is responsible for overseeing the work of Project Managers and Service Providers, reviewing status reports, and monitoring the dedicated resource allocation and expected margin to ensure the project remains in-scope, on budget, and on-schedule.
The Deliver Executive has a strong comprehension of SAP systems and how to leverage SAP as a software company to effectively and efficiently address customer issues and questions. The Deliver Executive resolves high-profile project and contract management escalations, informing C-level executives as necessary. Due to the complexities of the implementations, the DE has a strong risk orientation and is able to balance attention to detail with the overall goals of the implementation. He or she closely monitors the margin and dedicated resources to ensure the appropriate allocation of skills and support.
Expectations and Tasks Delivery Manager
- Oversee the delivery of multiple projects related to successful engagement or program execution. Manage project or complex programs end to end across all key PM domains
- Own and execute the program plan and be responsible for delivery of its major elements including program’s business objectives, scope and solution within quality criteria, on time and budget.
- Demonstrate program success in front of Applexus leadership team including customer and partner satisfaction, program finances, resources, intellectual capital etc.
- Provide active risk, issue, dependency, scope, resource, financial and quality management of all key engagement elements.
- Set-up and maintain the Governance Model with Project Management Office over the entire lifecycle of the program. Provide assurance of active client and Applexus executive sponsorship.
- Work closely with the Program Sponsors and Program Review Boards to facilitate decisions necessary for program delivery.
- Translate generalized customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical delivery plans for the engagement or program.
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer and SAP.
- Resolve political, resource, budgeting, change and legal issues affecting the program.
- Contract management in relation to client, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Proactively manage program stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
- Build proactive formal and informal communication/relationship with key stakeholders
- Oversee the project team, offering guidance and escalating concerns.
- Communicate with the team and customers to build credibility and ensure all parties are informed of the strategy, major issues, and dependencies.
- Hold customer and team accountable, initiating performance improvement conversations as necessary.
- Sales, Opportunity, and Bid Management
- Establish and maintain credible relationship with senior customer buyers and form joint plan of action with sales colleagues.
- Work with Applexus Sales team to develop proposals or responses to requests for proposals associated with the program in order to win new deals while minimizing the risks.
- Conduct due diligence on sales opportunities, pitch proposals, and review the resourcing strategy.
- Lead scoping, estimating, resourcing, scheduling activities of the engagement through the opportunity lifecycle jointly with the Applexus Sales team. Identify, document and communicate potential risks of the proposed engagement.
- Defining appropriate delivery model for customer project as a composition of pre-defined services, on-site and/or remote delivery.
- Position SAP Activate and Applexus Running Start as the delivery methodology.
- Work closely with SAP license and services teams when applicable.
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
Education, Trainings and Qualifications
- Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in business, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience
- Master’s degree, preferably in business, engineering, information technologies or MBA is an asset
- Project Management Professional or Program Management Professional certification and /or other industry and project management certifications is an asset
- Formal trainings in project and program management, agile project management, SAP methodologies (Assemble to Order (A2O), Accelerated SAP (ASAP) or Activate)
Required Skills and Competencies
- 10 – 15 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic programs.
- Retail experience with specific knowledge of SAP Retail, FMS, CAR, and Retail Financial Solitons.
- Strong leadership, teambuilding, coaching, people and stakeholder management skills and competencies that drive results
- Effective communicator with the ability to build trust with both the client and program team.
- Strong customer focus
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
- Project Financial Management
- Strong decision making skills
- Multicultural sensitivity and work in international environment and with global clients
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100%
Key Performance Indicators
- On-time delivery in relation to project milestones
- Overall financial performance in relation to project budget, margin, profitability
- Customer satisfaction – feedback and customer’s willingness to be a reference
- 360 feedback from project team
- Utilization of project team members
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Identification of sales opportunities