SAP Fashion Management Solution Implementation for a US Fashion Leader
Applexus helped an American Handbag and Apparel Designing Company transform its inventory management and procurement cycle. We unified the firm’s siloed organizational data while building compelling customer experience.
Our customer is a US-based leading designer of women’s handbags, luggage, and accessories. In addition to its core products, it also sells home decoration products, jewelry, jewelry cases, eyewear, and stationery goods. They sell their products through both indirect and direct business channels—including 2700 gift and specialty stores and nearly 100 full-service retail stores. The company draws an annual revenue of more than $500 million.
The Business Challenge
Our customer found it difficult to consolidate data from legacy systems and syncing them to provide a single version for different teams across its organization. To resolve this situation, our client wanted a single platform that could harmonize siloed, multi-channel inventory data and sales data.
- Streamline multi-channel operations and synchronize order strategies between distribution centers
- Improve the company’s cash flow by freeing up capital spent on overstocking of goods
- Creation of a company dashboard for processes and data on an all-in-one platform to ensure efficient operation and field service management
- Cross-channel integration to deliver a best-in-class online experience comparable to a brick-and-mortar retail experience
- Easy margin management and prospecting with personalized marketing, targeted offers loyalty programs and so on
- Get business up to speed on customer insights through social listening and customer journey analysis
How We Helped
We integrated and configured our client’s inbound interfaces from Micros POS to SAP FMS system using SAP CAR and BODS. In tandem, we integrated and configured outbound interfaces from SAP FMS to POS system using BODS. This integration resulted in the smooth flow of master data and transaction data between SAP and POS, leading to seamless data synchronization between the systems.
We also designed and developed custom development objects in SAP system identified by gap analysis. Data integration, achieved by SAP FMS 1.0 with Micros POS integration, enabled end-to-end transparency in processes and customer data encapsulation. In conclusion, our solution helped our client company to transform its inventory management and procurement cycle, helping unify siloed organizational data while building compelling customer experience.
What They Achieved
- A consistent omnichannel experience enabled the customer’s growth, productivity and reach across multiple regions with very successful business outcomes
- There was a significant cost reduction through improved cycle times and retail efficiencies resulting in quicker customer response time
- The customer gained enhanced transparency into supply chain operations
- It was possible to track and trace products, ensuring product integrity by implementing production serialization
- The consolidation of master data produced a dashboard with data consistency, improved agility and global operations, with faster, real-time business data analytics
- The customer could also improve service levels and enhance predictability of time to value